HOW YOU CAN HELP :
PRO STERIL INDONESIA: JULY SPAY DAY
STERILIZING IS THE SOLUTION!
Often we can feel overwhelmed by all the dogs in the world that need help.
There are many wonderful groups working hard to help dogs have a better life.
Here at Rob’s Dogs we believe the key lies in sterilization & as such that is our primary focus.
One unsterilized Female dog can have up to 18 puppies every year!
The best solution to alleviate her suffering & the suffering of her unwanted puppies is to sterilize her.
In July we will run a community sterilization day with ProSteril in Bali.
It will cost $300AUD to run the day – if you would like to support it there are a few options:
1 – Pay for a sterilization
2 – Buy a copy of our cookbook 100% of the $15 will go to sterilizing
3 – Buy something from our shop, 100% of Profits will go to sterilizing
PARIAH DOG: ACCESS ROAD (Fully Funded)
UPDATE: ACCESS ROAD FULLY FUNDED!
Pariah Dog has been super busy building shelters, compounds, cat house and excellent clinic/hospital facility. This all costs money and now there is none left to pay for the access road.
At the moment the road is dirt which washes away in the monsoonal rains we get here on Samui, making it very rough an dangerous. At the moment its only accessible using a 4WD, meaning visitors and volunteers must be picked up at the main road. It’s also very jarring and stressful for dogs being brought to the clinic.
We have set up a fundraiser to help our friends at Pariah Dog to raise the money they need to build this road.
We are super excited to announce that SamuiPongPetch will be constructing the road for us! They came out and surveyed the site and submitted a substantially cheaper quote. The total cost of the road will now be: $21,364 ,this fully builds the road needed at three meters wide and 200 meters in length and includes storm gutters and drains along the side (which the previous quote didn’t include) these will be imperative to stop the road washing away during monsoon season.
We are offering to be part of the Pariah dog road to safety. Have your name on the road leading up to the shelter and clinic!
$107AUD buys you one meter of road & we will put your name on it!
Great gift – Great memorial for a lost loved one – Great way to help the dogs.
Jill & Kerry Hanger
Marc & Monie Rogivue
Funky Vege Cafe
The Social Samui
The New French Kiss Restaurant
Rebecca Allen at Villa Kalyana
Marty and Sal
Joe & Lauren
Jim & Dawn
Sisters on Samui
Regine & Alain
Keith and Rosemary Muir
Ratree Chanthacharee and David Griffiths
Anne and Ian Murphy
The Geordie Ladies
Free Yoga Community Samui
Mason @ Hunters Bar
Matt n Mel
Nittayavadee Panset Resort
A-J Van Bael
Villa Tosti (Gabrio)
The Road Less Traveled
Clearwater Villa Management Samui
Your company can support the important work we are doing by donating a percentage of profits or by sponsoring one of our projects, we can even tailor a package to suit your needs and budget.
- Print all our promotional items at a discounted rate.
- Building the road for Pariah Dog at discounted rate.
- Hosted a wonderful fundraiser to help raise money for the Pariah Dog Road.
- Donate a percentage of profits to Pro Steril Indonesia to run community sterilization days.
- Donate a percentage of profits to Rob’s Dogs and our good friends at Happy Tails Koh Samui & Samui Elephant Sanctuary.
The Entertainment Book, and the Entertainment Digital Membership, are your guide to the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more.
- Discover over $20,000 worth of valuable up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers
- Exclusive Member rates at over thousands of hotels and resorts around the world
- Member-only priced cinema tickets, theme park tickets, flights, gift cards and more
- Access to valuable rental car offers you can book online with ease
- Easy online search, mapping and reviews of participating businesses
Rob’s Dogs receives 20% of the total price of a book.
You Change is an online portal that links retailers & community groups.
You sign up – using Facebook, Google or email & nominate Rob’s Dogs as your preferred community group.
Then get shopping.
- Over 100 participating big name retailers
- All commissions paid to the community group is listed on the retailers page
- An east way to contribute to Rob’s Dogs when buying this you want to buy
Rob’s Dogs receives approximately 5% of each sale you make via this portal.
Use Shopnate The Easy Fundraiser to shop with over 680 retailers including Woolworths, Booktopia, ASOS, Booking.com, eBay, Target, and Expedia. Every time you shop, you’ll raise a free donation for Rob’s dogs every time, it’s that easy!
CharityBuy is a website that helps charities raise money in a simple, unique way. It’s free to use, it’s easy to use and can make a big difference!
We have partnerships with hundreds of popular brands that sell products and services online. Every purchase you make with one of our partner businesses can generate a financial contribution to the charity of your choice. You don’t have to pay anything extra – you’ll get their best online deals and specials. You’re also not limited to just a few products – there are literally millions of products you can buy which will support your charity!
Next time you want to buy flights, gifts, gadgets, flowers, mobile phones, fashion or almost anything at all, don’t just buy it – CharityBuy it!
Donations of money, time or supplies are always greatly appreciated.
Check out the wish lists below for items needed in Thailand & Bali.
TRAVELING TO THAILAND?
SUPPLIES NEEDED @ PARIAH DOG KOH SAMUI:
- Zoletil or Telazol (Can be a little past expiry)
- Medetomidine or Xylazine(Can be a little past expiry)
- Sutures 4/0 – 0 Size (any absorbable or non-absorbable monofilament) (absorbable can be just a little past expire )
- Swabs/ gauze
- Any antibiotics for injection (Must be in date)
- Ketoprofen, Carprofen or Meloxidyl – for injections/oral use (Can be a little past expiry)
- Surgical blades or razor blades
- Sticking plaster or tape
- IV catheter 18G, 20G, 22G & 24G (Can be expired)
- Syringes & Needles –any volume (Can be expired)
- Examination/ surgical gloves size S & M
- Surgical drapes
- Surgical needles
- Crystalloid solutions for infusion
- Infusion line/set
- Elastic wraps
- Puppy pads – absorbent
- Antiseptic lotion for skin – hand sanitizes
- Disinfectant – for instrument cleaning
- Doxycyclin(!) and any antibiotics for oral use (Must be in date)
- Anticoagulant – Sodium citrate (can be expired)
- Infusion sets for blood transfusions
- Prednisolone tablets
- Medium Sized collars
- Portable tattoo machine (for sterilization events)
- Medium sized cages
If you want to support us, please make a donation
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS:
Now that we are an official Australian Charity we are poised to start growing and we desperately need administration volunteers to help with daily admin tasks including:
- Social media posts (design and copy all done, just need someone to post)
- Drafting agreements (we have standard template done by our lawyer – just needs names of groups & events inserted)
- Writing grant proposals & applications (some experience in this area would be greatly appreciated)
- Research (looking for competitions we can enter to win cash or prizes, investigating for Grants we can apply for, and developing a database of companies we can contact about sponsoring us)
- Sponsorship (approaching companies and organizations for Sponsorship of our opportunities)
- Donation hunting (approaching companies and organizations for donations. EG: medical supplies, blankets, bowls, toys, placing of donation tins in your local shops & then collecting once full)
- Sourcing worthy groups around the world that Rob’s Dogs could support
You can choose how much help you can give & we will be so grateful for any support you can give us. Currently we are a very small team (4 volunteers, 3 of whom work full time jobs) and we would love some extra support so we can help more and more animals all over the world!
Pariah Dog Koh Samui:
Pariah Dog are always happy to have volunteers come and work with us at Pariah Dogthem. Whether you’d like to come for a day, week, month or year they would be happy to have you.
Volunteers can assist with:
- Medical procedures (veterinary or medical background required)
- Help with daily cleaning of the compound
- Daily care of the dogs
- Construction and maintenance of Pariah Dog building and infrastructure
- Catching/picking up stray dogs
- Marketing, social media, setting up Pariah Dog Koh Samui procedures, templates, processes, banking and accounts
- Website development
- Developing education program to rasie awareness of street dogs in Koh Samui
Happy Tails Koh Samui:
Happy Tails is always looking for Volunteers.
They like people that have traveled already in Thailand before arriving here. Minimum age required is 28. Minimum time to help at Happy Tails is one month but preferably 6 weeks.
They provide free accommodation in a small bungalow, with separate kitchen and bathroom (hot water). Some of the older animals live at this house also (5 cats and three dogs). They also provide free use of motorbike for your stay. Its a manual motorbike (with gears) so you will need experience riding this kind of motorbike.
They ask that in return you work 4 hours a day over 6 days a week (max 25 hours per week).
You will be hands on with the dogs so some experience in animal welfare or animal handing is desirable but not essential.
You will assist Francoise with daily care of the animals and cleaning of the compound, If you have extra skills we have lots of maintenance that needs doing and would love some help with things like painting, building repairs, gardening etc.
For more information and to read reviews from former volunteers please check their work away profile:
We have loads of ideas of things you can do to fundraise on behalf of Rob’s Dogs.
- Bake Sale
- Knit or Sew Dog Jumpers
- Market Stall
- Online Auction
- Sausage Sizzle
- Car Wash
- Casual Day
- Movie Night
- Wine & Cheese Tasting
- Dogs Day Out
- Golf Day
AND we can supply you with poster and social media images to help you promote your fundraiser.